Women's Ministries at Hillsdale
At Hillsdale we care about women. Whether you are just curious about God or are a long-time believer, you are welcome here. Our women’s ministries programming is designed for everyone—students, career women, stay-at-home moms, newcomers to Canada, and those with empty nests.
Ultimately, our purpose at Hillsdale is to help women deepen their faith in God and to live out their God-given potential. To do that we use three primary vehicles: large group events, small group studies, and one-on-one connections.
large group events
A couple of times a year we hold different types of events to appeal to a wide cross-section of women, so stay tuned for an event coming this fall. In the past we’ve held events like these:
- If ~ a prayer breakfast challenging women with God’s call to pray
- Busy Women, Cluttered Lives~ a morning of workshops on how to simplify your life
- Kitchen Table Evangelism~ a breakfast workshop on how to share your faith
- Warm Hearts, Warm Homes~ a multi-stop bus ride inspiring women in the godly art of hospitality
- Out of the Valley~ a 5 hour seminar on dealing with depression
- Making Old Things New~ a half-day of re-purposing old furniture, and of learning how God re-purposes lives
Our next large group event will be a Women's Prayer Breakfast on November 19. For more information, please see the bulletin.
Women's retreats (Turning Point)
Every few years the women at Hillsdale have had the chance to get away for a weekend retreat, and we had a wonderful one in November 2019 on the topic of HOPE. The retreat was once again full of laughter and heart-to-heart conversations, was a wonderful way to deepen each woman's relationship with God. That's why we always call our women’s retreat “Turning Point.”
Many women find that the casual atmosphere of a Bible study fosters deep friendships and spiritual growth.
To be a part of one of our many weekly women's Bible study and prayer groups, contact Chris Danyluk.
Thursday MORNING BIBLE STUDIES
9:30 - 11:30 am at both of Hillsdale’s locations - (runs September till June). All women are welcome, and child care is available at the Munroe Place location.
Sunday School Classes
See the electives page for the current women's class. Classes run during the 10:00 am service from September through June.
We have a number of women who are willing to sit down for coffee with you and answer your questions – either as a simple one-time conversation or in an ongoing mentoring relationship.
- Are you curious what God and the Bible are all about? This is a safe place to ask questions and get solid answers.
- Do you need encouragement on what it means to follow God in your everyday life? The intentional friendship of another Christian woman can be beneficial.
- Are you facing a particularly difficult time in life? The wisdom and experience of a mature Christian woman is very valuable.
For more information on any of these programs, contact Chris Danyluk, Director of Women's Ministries.