In 1957, Hillsdale Baptist Church began in the basement of a Regina home through the Central Canada Baptist Conference and under the guidance of Baptist General Conference. The congregation initially focused on ministry to rural farming people of Swedish and German descent. Today, the congregation consists of people from numerous ethnic and social backgrounds.
The congregation moved into its first building on April 7, 1960 and the present auditorium was completed in 1980. The Fall of 2010 marked the completion of the East Wing which was built on top of the original building.
Hillsdale has 12 sister churches in Saskatchewan, and 102 in Canada through the Baptist General Conference of Canada (BGCC). The BGCC has sent missionaries and is involved in development work in 14 countries.