What does faith in Christ mean?
1. CONFESS your sin and admit your need for a Saviour.
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
- That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
- Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)
2. BELIEVE that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that he died on the cross in your place to pay for your sins, and that he is willing to save you from spiritual death.
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved. (Acts 16:31)
3. ACCEPT the free gift of salvation that God has offered to you in Jesus Christ by personally receiving him into your life and submitting to his Lordship.
- Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. (John 1:12)
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
If you have any questions or need some additional information, please feel free to call or email one of our pastors.
1. Now that you are a child of God, you need to grow in your relationship with the Lord.
You should set aside some time every day to spend with the Lord so that you can get to know him better. We can show you how to read your Bible (this is how God talks to you) and how to pray (this is how you talk to the Lord).
And, you should commit yourself to attend a Bible-believing church where you can worship the Lord. It is important that you do this with others who are also getting to know the Lord better.
2. Now that you are a child of God, you need to establish relationships with other Christians.
God made you to “fellowship” with other Christians. This means that they help you (and you help them) be more and more faithful to the Lord. The Bible tells us that we simply cannot succeed in living for Jesus without the support, encouragement and help of others. This is another reason why we regularly go to church and other gatherings like Care Groups – we really do need to live out our commitment to Jesus Christ with others.
3. Now that you are a child of God, the Lord wants you to share your faith in Jesus Christ with others.
You have many family members, friends, co-workers, and so on, who do not have an eternal relationship with Jesus Christ. Turning your life over to the Lord is a big deal – others will want to know what happened to you, why you are acting differently. Invite them to read the Bible. Bring them to church. Pray for them. Tell them how God loves you and how you decided to live for Jesus. Let them know that God loves them too and then invite them to accept God’s gift of salvation just the way you have! And then they too will become children of God.
You may also download a PDF copy.